Member NZAC, NZAP, AANZPA
For over thirty years I have worked with people in the facilitation of their personal growth and change.
The foundations of my practice are in the Mental Health Service where I was employed as an occupational therapist and psychotherapist in various multidisciplinary teams.
I have specialised in working with people who have suffered various traumas including sexual abuse, psychological abuse, and neglect.
I have a particular interest in working with the painful experience of shame and have written and taught on this subject.
I have an interest in combining the two therapeutic approaches of psychodrama and psychodynamic psychotherapy. As a psychodramatist I trust in the capacity of the individual, couple or group to find creative new responses that strengthen themselves and their relationships. I believe understanding, compassion and acceptance are key contributors to change.
Over the past decade I have been intensely involved in counsellor training as a tutor and director of the Human Development and Training Institute.
Currently I am tutoring in the Bachelor of Counselling at WelTec.
- Masters of Health Science with Honours (First Class) Auckland University of Technology
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Teachers College Diploma
- Certificate in Counselling (Presbyterian Support Services)
- Certificate in Supervision (Auckland Institute of Technology)
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Member NZ Association of Psychotherapists
- Member NZ Association of Counsellors
- Member Australian and Aotearoa NZ Psychodrama Association
- ACC Registered Counsellor
You can also see my listing at www.ponsonbytherapy.co.nz